I am so honored to share with you a form of Mindset Coaching that truly is “Yoga for the Mind.” It has completely transformed my life and continues to give me a direct path to inner peace in any stressful situation. The Work is a simple and profound process of identifying stressful thoughts and questioning them. It’s a way to clear the mental BS (belief systems) and fall in love with reality, just as it is. The Work consists of 4 questions and turnarounds.
The questions are:
- Is it True?
- Can you absolutely know it’s true?
- How do you react, what happens when you believe that thought?
- Who would you be without the thought?
Then we “turn the thought around” to various opposites, which is a way to look at the original stressful thought from different perspectives, thus opening the mind to seeing all possibilities in life (not just the scary ones!). Learn more…
I’ve been a student of The Work (self-inquiry) since 2009 and at first, I didn’t think it was possible for something so simple to be the answer to all of my suffering. So I started to test it out over and over and over again – in all of my relationship issues, health, self-judgments, work, sex, food, judgments about corporations, god, even small things like traffic, lawnmowers, & ATM machines. So far, there is nothing inquiry can’t handle. What I realize is that it’s not the person or situation that brings me stress ~ it’s what I’m believing about them that creates my suffering. Some benefits I experience from an ongoing practice of The Work are:
- a greater sense of inner peace and joy
- direct experience of yogic principles such as oneness, presence, non-attachment, and non-judgment
- less reactive, more open-minded
- deeper relationships with others and myself
- less tension in my body, decreased physical pain
- fearless approach to experiencing illness, such as cancer
- the ability to see how life happens for me, not to me
- more creativity and clarity in life and work
- more compassion, gratitude, and acceptance
- more energy, less emotional roller coasters
The Work has been my go-to peace tool for dealing with stress around my breast cancer diagnosis, treatment plan, and life after treatment. Inquiry has taught me a completely different perspective on pain & illness: it’s here FOR me. It’s my guru; a teacher of unconditional love, compassion, and presence. Something I once thought would be my worst nightmare has become my greatest blessing. Follow my cancer blog and upcoming book to learn more about this journey.
With this work, I continue to find that reality is always kinder than the stories in my head. Whew! Do I still experience stress? Yes. The difference is now I know what to do with it. I have the most compassionate inner support system.
I work with clients all over the world by supporting them through any life challenge: chronic health conditions, relationship issues, divorce, infertility, parenting struggles, career challenges, self-criticism, fear of death, body image issues…anything that arises can be met with inquiry.
Let’s do The Work
Contact me to set up a private a mindset coaching session or invite me to lead a workshop or retreat. ITW credits are available for candidates in ITW’s Certified Facilitators Program.
- Private Online Coaching: $80/hr, 6 for $450 (save $30)
- Private Yoga & The Work: $150/90 minutes (Online, Boulder or Denver)
- Monthly Membership Program: $99/mo
- Upcoming Events