I am so honored to share with you a form of Mindset Coaching that truly is “Yoga for the Mind.” It has completely transformed my life and continues to give me a direct path to inner peace in any stressful situation. The heartbeat of my coaching is The Work of Byron Katie – a simple and profound process of identifying stressful thoughts and questioning them. It’s a way to clear the mental BS (belief systems) and fall in love with reality, just as it is. The Work consists of 4 questions and turnarounds.
The questions are:
- Is it true?
- Can you absolutely know it’s true?
- How do you react, what happens, when you believe that thought?
- Who would you be without the thought?
Then we “turn the thought around” to various opposites, which is a way to look at the original stressful thought from different perspectives, thus opening the mind to seeing all possibilities in life (not just the scary ones!). Learn more…
I’ve been a student of The Work (self-inquiry) since 2009 and at first, I didn’t think it was possible for something so simple to be the answer to all of my suffering. So I started to test it out over and over and over again – in all of my relationship issues, health, self-judgments, work, sex, food, judgments about corporations, god, even small things like traffic, lawnmowers, & ATM machines. So far, there is nothing inquiry can’t handle. What I realize is that it’s not the person or situation that brings me stress ~ it’s what I’m believing about them that creates my suffering. Some benefits I experience from an ongoing practice of The Work are:
- a greater sense of inner peace and joy
- direct experience of yogic principles such as oneness, presence, non-attachment, and non-judgment
- less reactive, more open-minded
- deeper relationships with others and myself
- less tension in my body, decreased physical pain
- fearless approach to experiencing illness, such as cancer
- the ability to see how life happens for me, not to me
- more creativity and clarity in life and work
- more compassion, gratitude, and acceptance
- more energy, less emotional roller coasters
The Work has been my go-to peace tool for dealing with stress around my breast cancer diagnosis in 2015, and returning as Stage IV in 2021. Inquiry has taught me a completely different perspective on pain & illness: it’s here FOR me. It’s my guru; a teacher of unconditional love, compassion, and presence. Something I once thought would be my worst nightmare has become my greatest blessing. If you’d like to see this work in action, check out my book baby, My Guru Cancer.
With this work, I continue to find that reality is always kinder than the stories in my head. Whew! Do I still experience stress? Yes. The difference is now I know what to do with it. I have the most compassionate inner support system.
I work with clients all over the world by supporting them through any life challenge: chronic health conditions, relationship issues, divorce, infertility, parenting struggles, career challenges, self-criticism, fear of death, body image issues…anything that arises can be met with inquiry. For additional support, ask about incorporating recorded meditations, yoga therapy, and cancer coaching – free of charge for private clients.
Let’s do The Work
Contact me to set up a private mindset coaching session or invite me to lead a workshop or retreat. Private sessions are $100/hr or 6 sessions for $550 (save $50) and can include recorded meditations, yoga therapy, and/or cancer coaching.
- Book a private coaching session.
- Invite me to speak or create a customized event.
- Join our monthly inquiry circle.
- Sign up for an online event or class series.
- Subscribe to my newsletter.